If you want…
- Individualized support and assistance
- The opportunity to manage, train and supervise the people who help you
Then consider ICES, Inc., Families Choosing Independence Program.
What is Families Choosing Independence?
Families Choosing Independence is a new service model for individuals who want to hire, train and supervise their own personal support and assistance. The program offers exciting benefits and challenges. ICES, Inc. is available to help you make the most of every new opportunity and resource.
ICES, Inc. will help you:
- Recruit and interview the people you hire to assist you
- Perform background and reference checks
- Assist you through the hiring process
- Train assistants to meet your personal needs, including how to use specialized equipment
- Manage the personnel who assist you
- Develop job descriptions
- Orient personnel to procedures and routines in your home.
- Facilitate payment and evaluations
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA)
- Infection Control
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Water Safety
- Basic First Aid and Health Education
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Signs & Symptoms Reporting and Documentation
- Seizure Response Training
- Safety Awareness and Injury Prevention
- Preventing Workplace Violence
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Safe Driving
- Positive Behavior Support
- Habilitative Training
- Physical/Psychological Management Training
Families Choosing Independence Services
ICES, Inc. offers a broad spectrum of human services, supports and clinical consultations.
We can also provide our direct support professionals to assist you with the services deemed necessary by your team:
Personal Support: The personal assistance you need to accomplish and enjoy day-to-day activities.
Habilitative Services and Care: Acquire, improve and retain the skills you need to live independently in the community, including in-home safety, shopping and self-care.
Respite Services: Temporary, substitute care can be arranged hourly or 24 hours a day in your home or at an ICES, Inc. respite apartment depending on the level of need.
Psychiatric Services: A Board Certified Psychiatrist is available to provide evaluations and medication management.
Consultation and Support Services: Experienced human services professionals help you direct individualized support plans and make the most of community resources.
Counseling Services: A licensed therapist is available to provide private counseling sessions for individuals, groups and families.
Behavior Management Supports: Experienced behaviorists develop and monitor behavior programs and train families and support providers on how to use them.
Individual or Group Day Services: Acquire new vocational skills or learn to improve and retain the skills you have to prepare for work or to participate in the community.
Supported Employment: Individual and group-based supports help you acquire, improve and retain job skills and skills for community participation.